Monthly Statements: Sponsored
The reports listed below are designed for reconciling sponsored activity at the sponsored program level.
SPONSORED SUMMARY REPORT
- ***Please note these numbers are only as accurate as the project's budget and commitments are***
- Direct = Total Expenses "Unrecognized/Uncommitted Budget Balance" field ($212,043.60) / 1+F&A rate (.64)
- Indirect = Total Expenses "Unrecognized/Uncommitted Budget Balance" field ($212,043.60) -Direct ($129,294.88)
- Available/Over Committed = IF Total Expenses "Unrecognized/Uncommitted Budget Balance" field is a positive value, this is the "Available" balance. IF Total Expenses "Unrecognized/Uncommitted Budget Balance" field is a negative balance ($212,043.60), the budget is exceeded or "Over Committed"
- % Utilized = "Total Recognized/Committed" Expenses / "Current Budget($484,961.22 /$272,917.62 = 178%)"
- Sponsored Class/GL Account Number - The Sponsored Class subtotals are in a bold font while the GL accounts are in a regular font and indented
- Current Budget - Current budget displays the approved award amount (Sponsored Class sub-award = $258,625.68). The data can also be found on the Grant Master Display, by clicking the Budget Overview Button
- Total Rev/Exp to Prior Period - Revenue and expense activity from inception to the prior period (Sponsored Class Sub-award = $240,141.12)
- Current Period Rev/Exp - Revenue and expense activity for current reporting period (Sponsored Class Sub-award = $2,957.99)
- An increase in revenue is displayed as: $(10,000.00)
- A decrease in Revenue is displayed as: $10,000.00
- An increase in Expense is displayed as: $500.00
- A decrease in Expense is displayed as: $(500.00)
- Total Rev/Exp - Inception to date values. Actual revenue and expense activity through the current reporting period. This column is the sum of the "Total Rev/Exp to Prior Period" column and "Reporting Period Rev/Exp" column (Sponsored Class Sub-award Line: $240,141.12 + $2,957.99 = $243,099.11)
- Commitments and Precommitments - Current outstanding commitments (Sponsored Class Sub-award = $227,570.17)
- Total Recognized/Committed - This column is the sum of "Total Rev/Exp" and "Commitments and Precommitments" (Sponsored Class Sub-award Line: $243,099.11 + $227,570.17 = $470,669.28)
- Unrecognized/Uncommitted Budget Balance - This is the remaining balance of the budget for a particular GL or Sponsored Class. It is the difference between the "Current Budget" column and the "Total Recognized/Committed" column. (Sponsored Class Sub-award Line: $258,625.68 - $470,669.28 = $212,043.60)
- Grant Percentage Utilized - The percentage of the budget that is consumed. The percentage is the "Total Recognized/Committed" / "Current Budget" (Sponsored Class Sub-award Line: $470,669.28 / $258,625.68 = 182%)
- 420101 -Sponsored Revenue -displays what has been invoiced (this is not cash collected). (Total revenue is $257,391.05)
- 420102 -Sponsored Billed Revenue Allocation -SAP program that distributes revenue between Sponsored Programs within a grant. If there is only one Sponsored Program this will not affect your grant
- 420121 -Sponsored Refund -refund to the Sponsor completed by the Accounts Receivable Shared Service Center (ARSSC)
- 420141 -Sponsored Unbilled -SAP program that runs monthly at the end of each month and reverses the first day of the following month (nets to zero). Sponsored Unbilled will not run if the grant has the Payment method of "Direct Pay", "Clinical Trial", or "PBAW (Payment at Beginning of the Award)"
- **Only GL numbers with activity are displayed, therefore GL 420102 has activity that has netted to zero**
Expenses are displayed by GL number which are grouped and subtotaled by Sponsored Class. In this example the Sub-award Sponsored Class 642400 includes GL numbers 642405, 642415 and 642418. Another example is Sponsored Class 610000 (Salary and Wages) which includes all GL numbers 610000-619999
Net Change row is the difference between revenue and expense (Total Revenue -Total Expense). *It is a calculated field and does not represent a balance.* For example in the Total Recognized/Committed column:(Total Revenue $257,391.05) - (Total Expenses $484,961.22) = (Net Change $227,570.17)