Procurement Card Program
|Procurement Card Policy Guide||Forms|
|Cardholder Best Practices||JPMorgan Chase Online Statements|
|Approver Best Practices||Whom to Contact|
|Unallowable Commodities||Statement & Closing Calendar|
Cardholder Best Practices Guidelines
- Cardholders should initiate transactions in accordance with University Purchasing Policy, Procurement Card training and training materials, the Cardholder Agreement, and any other specific internal requirements.
- Supporting documentation for all transactions must be maintained by either the Cardholder or Approver. (These documents must be kept for seven (7) years.)
- Monthly reconciliation must be completed to ensure that all transactions are correct and ensure proper cost allocations (e.g. account codes, G/Ls, etc) are completed.
- No personal use purchases with Procurement Cards are allowed.
- The Procurement Card should only be used by the person to whom it is assigned.
- Keep the card in a secure location. Sharing account numbers with unauthorized users could put the organization at financial risk.
- Cardholders should avoid identity theft by abstaining from passing Procurement Card or personal information via email or to unrecognized URLs and links. For information regarding identity theft, visit the Federal Trade Commission's id theft home page.
- Contact JPMorgan Chase at 1-800-270-7760 immediately if your card has been lost, stolen or compromised and notify the Procurement Card Administrator at 443-997-5650.
- All items purchased with the Procurement Card that are shipped must be shipped to a business address only.
- University policy prohibits splitting orders to evade the $3,000 per transaction limit. Any purchases over $3,000 must be approved by Supply Chain Shared Services.
- The University is a tax-exempt organization and all transactions should exclude any sales tax. The University's tax exempt number is printed on the card. These taxes should be disputed with the vendor.
- Supply Chain Shared Services must be notified when employment status changes (e.g. transfer, relocation or termination) via the Procurement Card Update Form.
Note: Cardholders are authorized to contact JPMorgan Chase directly for general inquiries, 800-270-7760.